Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 39

10/14/12

DIY Non-Toxic Toothpaste

I found this video by the brilliant Stacey Kimbrell on youtube while trying to figure out how to make homemade toothpaste, since the Colgate I was using contains.... ANTIFREEZE - like so many other products. --->  Non-Toxic Toothpaste and Mouthwash

There are ONLY THREE ingredients in this Toothpaste - the main one is Baking Soda - ((one of my favorite products - as stated on Day 6)).  Baking Soda acts as a gentile abrasive that cleans better than the strongest conventional toothpaste.  It neutralizes the acidic bacteria while deodorizing the mouth and polishing teeth.
















The other two ingredients that make this product so awesome are:
  • Peppermint Essential Oil
  • Thieves Essential Oil Blend  
These are the most pure Essential Oils and they were purchased through a wonderful company called Young Living. It is because of the video above that I got started with Young Living and became a distributor ((in order to get the wholesale prices)...more on that later).

The oils combined with the baking soda give a refreshing flavor - the peppermint is clean and energizing - and the thieves is a unique antimicrobial, antibacterial blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus.   

I have been using this toothpaste for three days now- and I was shocked the first time at how CLEAN my teeth felt.  I think the last time they felt that clean was a few months ago after a trip to the dentist for a cleaning ((and I take great care of my teeth))

If you have any questions after watching Stacey's video, please let me know! Tomorrow..... Mouthwash!

2 comments:

  1. OMG we just ran out of tooth paste. Perfect! Where do you get your oils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl - Just saw this message.. The company I use is Young Living... they are the best out there!! I can help you get started if you would like! Also - so many uses for babies and pets!

    ReplyDelete