Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 30

10/5/12

My safe alternative to conventional deodorants:


Natural Mineral Salt Deodorant Sticks:

Mineral salts are mined from thousands of feet below the Earth's surface and are used to create this specific type of deodorant.... which happens to be the same kind my mom used when I was a teenager and I thought she was crazy... 

While most deodorants mask odor with chemically-laden fragrances, crystal deodorants prevent odor from happening in the first place. They do this by neutralizing the bacteria that cause body odor, rather than just covering it up. They are comprised of 100% natural ingredients 

*The CRYSTAL brand is made of alum-based mineral salts which feature physically large ammonium alum molecules which are not absorbed into the bloodstream (and should not be confused with the harmful aluminums found in most deodorants)*


Helpful Hints:
-Don't use directly after shaving - the salt stings for like .3 seconds.
-If used immediately after shower, no need to wet - the remaining water on your skin allows the stick to glide over armpit effortlessly.... Otherwise, get the stick wet and apply to underarm.

Cost: 5-7$

*I can't vouge for exactly how long this product lasts, but I have been using my THAI Crystal everyday for about 3 months and it still looks the same as the day I bought it.
*Also comes in travel size (adorable) - pictured above. 
*You will still sweat but it shouldn't smell - good for 24 hours.


1 comment:

  1. This is also something I have been looking into! I swear you read my mind lol.

    ReplyDelete