Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 33

10/8/12

Things I am training myself to like:

1.) Dark Chocolate - this is harder than I expected.  I LOVE milk chocolate and started my 'training' with 86% cacoa... mistake.. Bitter.  I placed it in the drawer and bought myself a couple bars of 60% cacoa, which is much more bearable to start with.  I think I can teach myself to like it the same way I taught myself to like peppers, onions, and celery.  Hopefully within a few months I will bring out the 86% and be able to enjoy it.

2.) Coffee - currently, there is no way I can drink black coffee.  I have never been a fan of anything coffee-flavored, but after my husband suggested I try some to help my low energy, I decided I would.  Once in a while I stop at Starbucks or a cute little coffee shop in town and get something yummy and cinnamon-y... eventually I hope to drink it black or with a little milk or creamer.
 3.)Fish- Another hard one - especially since I grew up vegetarian.  It's hard for me to bring myself to eat anything that was once living.  I have been told by multiple people that I am probably not getting enough protein and maybe that's why I get headaches.  I thought I'd give it a try.  I have made fish a few times and my husband has too.  It's not easy to eat, but burying it in other food usually helps.


I believe that it's possible to train your taste buds and brain to like something if you eat/drink it gradually.  What are some things you wish you liked?

P.S. If you have any tips or delicious recipes that would speed up the process, do share :-)

Also - I am still looking for guest bloggers.  If you would like to share your knowledge on a certain subject matter, let me know!



1 comment: