Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 27

10/2/12

Oil Pulling with my favorite new product.


Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil 

It's Amazing.

I have started using Coconut Oil every morning for 'Oil Pulling' thanks to my Momma's long-time friend Crystal (thanks!)

Oil Pulling is a powerful, easy, cheap and  ancient remedy for overall health and detoxification.  It is done by holding one spoonful of oil (this specific oil tastes yummy) in the mouth and swishing it around for 10-20 minutes.  Move the oil slowly throughout your mouth like you would with mouthwash - pull it through your teeth as well, but be sure you don't swallow it.  By the time you are done with this process, the oil-saliva mixture will be toxic from the harmful bacteria and fungus it is pulling from your mouth, teeth, gums, and throat. Make sure you do it on an empty stomach. 

When finished, spit in the garbage or toilet because it could clog your sink.

Benefits for the body:
  • metabolism is intensified
  • improved health
  • migraine headache relief
  • correcting hormonal imbalances
  • reducing inflammation from arthritis
  • aids in the reduction of eczema
  • reduced symptoms of bronchitis
  • supports normal kidney function
  • help reduce sinus congestion
  • possible improved vision
  • reduced insomnia
  • reduced hangover after alcohol consumption
  • reduced pain
  • reduced allergy symptoms
  • detoxify the body of harmful metals and organisms
Benefits for the mouth:
  • fastening of loose teeth
  • elimination of bleeding gums
  • visible whitening of the teeth
  • overall strengthening of the teeth, gums, and jaws.
  • prevention of cavities and gingivitis.
  • prevention of bad breath
  • potential holistic remedy for bleeding gums
  • prevention of dryness of the lips, mouth and throat.
  • possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness in the jaw area.

To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach.  It is suggested to alternate Sunflower, Sesame, Olive Oils for full benefit.

*Work up to the 20 minutes.  Right now it is hard for me to last longer than 10 minutes because my jaw starts to get tight, but I am building my stamina! I really hope it helps with my migraines, tight jaw, and hormonal issues!!

More uses of Coconut Oil to come :-)



2 comments:

  1. I have TMJ...I'm gonna definitely try this. I think I'm just going to buy a giant container of coconut oil and separate it into mason jars. Put two in the bathroom, one for pulling and one for body use - put one in the kitchen to cook with, and then one in the baby's room so I can use this as lotion for her. I'm obsessed with the thought of coconut oil lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try this!! Its amazing and has an awesome taste - - It takes a few days to get used to the texture but once it warms up in your mouth it's all good! I found these awesome little containers - you will see them in today's post - they are awesome, don't leak at all! I keep one in my purse, one by my bed, one in the bathroom... I got them at TJMaxx but you can get similar ones from Hobby Lobby for under 2$ each!

    ReplyDelete