Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 26

10/1/12

Happy October!

I am slowly learning more (since post #3 and #18) about GMOs and I would like to share some info that my daddy sent me:

*The American Academy of Environmental Medicine reviewed studies of lab animals being fed GMO foods and determined that the foods were causing problems with:
-immune systems
-reproductive systems
-gastrointestinal systems
        as well as...
-organ damage
-faster aging

           Importantly, symptoms improve when GMO's are removed from animal's diets. The problem is that GMO's are popping up everywhere in the human diet - without us even knowing it.

In humans, GMO consumption causes:
-fatigue
-allergies
-weight gain
-infertility
-stomach issues
-migraines
-inflammation
-mammary tumors
-kidney and liver damage
-serious illnesses

TIPS for AVOIDING GMO's while SHOPPING:
*Buy Organic
*Look for the "Non-GMO Project" Seal
*Avoid soybeans, canola oil, corn,
cottonseed, and sugar from sugarbeets
*Find your local farmer's market!
**Educate yourself**

-I am wanting to learn more about Monsanto-  the world leader in GMO's, creator of Roundup herbicide weedkiller
-California's Prop. 37 to enforce GMO labeling on food
  ---If you have info, please share

Also, I am very proud to share that after reading my blog, a fellow army wife - Aly - shared in her blog: Granola Trail that she purged her toxic health and beauty products.  This makes me super happy since on Day 1 of my blog I said "I will be satisfied if I can motivate even one person to get on track with one or more of my goals".

-So.. check out the Granola Trail blog - there is information about bringing up a baby organically and naturally (she is currently pregnant) and I assume she will cover baby topics that I may not.

That is all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment