Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 34

 10/9/12

Speaking of fish, Rene made us a spinach salad with butter garlic talapia on top. Hmm. I whipped up the salad dressing.

So.. we've got some spinach, baby carrots, boiled eggs, cheese, and ... fish.....with the random dressing i whipped up.

Like I said - I really don't like to measure, so I added:
  1. fresh squeezed juice from half of an orange
  2. balsamic vinegar
  3. extra virgin olive oil
  4. random spices from my cupboard - parsley, garlic salt, and black pepper
  5. a little pure maple syrup
*I taste tested along the way and added what I thought was necessary. It was pretty good!

For the fish:

Combine 2 tbsp butter, 2 cloves finely minced garlic, 1 dash pepper, 1 dash salt, 1 pinch dried parsley, and 1 dash paprika to a saucepan.  Heat on low until melted butter starts simmering. Remove from heat.  Brush a little of the mixture on the bottom of a shallow baking dish, then place talapia fillets on the buttered area.  Brush the top of each fillet with the mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until talapia flakes with a fork.

courtesy of southernfood.com


No comments:

Post a Comment