Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 22

9-27-12

JUICING!

I was first introduced to juicing while in San Antonio visiting family ... My brother and sister-in-law made me something with celery and appple and I couldn't believe how good it was because I don't like raw celery at all, so I was hooked.

For my birthday, they sent me a juicer and I went crazy with it - using it 2-3 times a day.. juicing oranges, apples, strawberries, grapes, plums, blueberries, mango, spinach, kale, cucumber, lemons, limes, cabbage, carrots, celery, cantaloupe, tomatoes, watermelon, broccoli ... pretty much any piece of produce I could get my hands on.. I didn't have a headache for a week straight.

It started getting expensive so I had to slow down.  I try to juice at least 4 times a week. 

If you can acquire a juicer, please do.  There are so many benefits because you can get the nutrients of many fruits and vegetables that you otherwise wouldn't be able to consume in the span of a day.  Also, the liquid form gets into your blood stream so much faster.

It doesn't matter if you find a 1970's vintage juicer for 1$ at a yard sale (works perfectly):

....spend 40-80$ on a decent one:

....or 2,500$ on a top of the line juicer (I wish):


If you are interested in juicing, research it, and make sure you check out "Gerson Therapy".  If you have access to Netflix, please watch "The Gerson Miracle" - especially if you know of anyone who is battling cancer.  Juicing can be a life saver.




No comments:

Post a Comment