Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 1

9/6/12

Okay, so if you happened across my "intro", you know that I suffer from headaches, migraines, and polycystic ovaries.  Along with those conditions comes excessive sleepiness, nausea, moodiness, low energy, and decreased libido along with a teeny tiny itsy bit of depression thrown in every now and then. I am sick of living like this, turning down invitations from friends to hang out, and spending so much dang time in my bed!  I am 24 years old and have been dealing with this since I was 13.

Well I am DONE.

I have made some small changes (using olive oil insead of canola oil.. ect), I am so tired of trying like 42 different prescription drugs that don't help.  I need to step it up.

Today starts the OFFICIAL beginning of my health makeover.

GOALS:
Not only do I want to boost my overall health & well-being, but I want to get in shape, rid my home and body of toxins, decrease my environmental footprint and eat clean, nourishing goodness ... oh, and saving money couldn't hurt either!

The reason I brought all my jibberish to the blogging world is just a little bit selfish.  I need to hold myself accountable.  Every day I want to post something helpful for us all.  Luckily, I am someone who gets warm-fuzzies from helping anyone or anything in any way, shape, or form.  I will be satisfied if I can motivate even one person to get on track with one or more of my goals.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, advice, or additional tips.  If you have a great idea that I haven't covered, I will totally put it out there and give you a shout-out so you get complete credit!  P.S. I am not perfect so if I make errors please let me know!!

Alright, so my first tidbit of advice: Get to your local library (I know, who does that anymore?....) and search for books on the issues that you are currently struggling with.




Clearly I went a little overboard.. I tend to do that sometimes.  I was more than impressed with their selection and had a hard time sticking to my library's check-out limit.  Happy Reading :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! Im happy to see that you are trying new things to live healthier and happier. I only wish I had your motivation to eat healthy all the time.Keep it up and let me know if there is anything I can do at home to help your new life style. Love ya sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so proud of you! Like Rene I wish I had that motivation too!

    ReplyDelete