Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 15

9/20/12

I told you on Day 2 that I intended to help you replace any toxic body care products that you may have decided to get rid of.

Here is your new Creamy Rosemary Oat Body Wash-

 Recipe:
  • 1 tbs steel cut oats (to infuse)
  • 1 sprig of rosemary (to infuse)
  • 1 cup distilled water
  • 1 tsp citric acid (to prevent bacteria)
  • 2 tbs coconut oil (OR olive, grapeseed, almond, jojoba oil)
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 cup Dr. Bronner's mild castile baby soap (Blue bottle)
  • 1 tsp guar or xanthan gum (Bob’s Red Mill grains)
  • 20 drops essential oil of your choice
  1. Boil water and pour over the oats and rosemary.  Cover and let sit for an hour, then strain to remove oats and rosemary bits from your infusion.
  2. In a bowl whisk your oil, honey, infusion, and citric acid together.
  3. Sprinkle in the guar/xanthan gum, whisking to combine, and then immediately afterward whisk in the castile soap (if you wait too long the gum will thicken and you’ll have clumps).  Blend until smooth.
  4. Drop in your essential oils and fold in with a spoon. Store the mixture in a sterilized bottle, out of direct sunlight and shake before each use.

**I didn't use the citric acid because I didn't have any, and my batch is fine about 3 weeks out**UPDATE: I attempted to use this today and it had a funny smell so I had to dump it.  I recommend using the citric acid! Also, you may want to cut the recipe in half unless you have multiple people using it*** I also used about 3/4 cup Dr. Bronner's soap because a little goes a long way.**

No comments:

Post a Comment