Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 20

9/25/12

On day six I posted this picture:


I hope you have been able to get  your hands on these products so you can try your new AwEsOme Laundry Detergent.  

I have tried countless DIY recipes which work great, but I find this is easier (fewer ingredients, no soap shredding, boiling water or special containers). These three ingredients are all that you need.  Oh, and a tablespoon to keep near your washer for easy access.

Add one tbsp of Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap to the already-running-warm-water in your washer.  Add one tbsp. of baking soda to follow.  Then top it off with one tbsp. of white vinegar.  Add an additional tbsp. of white vinegar to the 'fabric softener' slot of your washer.  Wham Bam.. walk away.

I have been using this method for a few months, and believe it or not - the clothes come out smelling very fresh and clean every time - - and not at all like vinegar.  For stains, add an extra tbsp. of castile soap.... play around with it.  This works great for me.  I am still trying to figure out a non-toxic stain spot treatment for heavy stains because this doesn't completely dissolve grass stains... but it will get your clothes clean.  I use the hot-cold cycle for my lights and the warm-cold cycle for my darks.

**The 32 oz. of Dr Bronner's Soap costs under 12$ at Kroger (I  have also seen it at Target in the make-up aisle). This bottle will last about 68 loads making each load cost under .20 cents.

TOXIC FREE AND CHEAP. yay.

Good Luck!

If anyone knows of a great stain fighter please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment